ASSEMBLIES—For Your Whole School!
All assemblies feature live animal presentations, a Zoo Educator, and Dr. Zoolittle, the Zoo’s zany, good-natured wildlife researcher. After the program, each student will receive a coupon providing free admission to the Zoo (when accompanied by a paid adult).
- Length: 50–55 minutes
- Maximum audience per assembly: 350
- Fee: $350 for first assembly and $175 for each additional assembly (same day, same school, same room location). A mileage fee may apply.
- Nature’s Tricks with Dr. Zoolittle:
Life Sciences, Adaptations
- Icky, Yucky, Gross Bugs with Dr. Zoolittle:
- Watershed Wizards with Dr. Zoolittle:
Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Ecology
- NEW! Dr. Zoolittle Brings Out the Healthy Animal In You!
Life Sciences, Adaptations, Ecology
CLASSROOM PROGRAMS—in Your Own Classroom!
Most classroom programs feature live animal presentations, a Zoo Educator and the Zoo’s zany, good-natured wildlife researcher, Dr. Zoolittle.
- Length: 45-55 minutes
- Maximum audience (students & adults): 25 per classroom for grades pre–2 and 40 per classroom for grades 3–12
- Fee: $200 for the first program and $100 for each additional program (same day, same school, same location). A mileage fee may apply.
- Growing Up Green:
Even the youngest students can be super heroes for the Earth! Animal presentations and fun activities emphasize how easy it is to be green. Life Sciences, Physical Sciences
- Fur, Feathers and Scales, Oh My! Presented by Fisher-Price®:
Children will discover what animal coverings match which type of animal: fur=mammal, scale=reptile, feather=bird. Close-up animal presentations and fun interactives, designed especially for this younger set, entertain and inform the most basic of animal concepts. Life Sciences, Adaptations, Classification
- NEW! Recycle Rock Stars!: When it comes to recycling, students and teachers can be rock stars, too! Discover how recycling can make your classroom more earth-friendly while helping wildlife. Includes an interactive classroom activity and animal encounter. Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Ecology
- Go Green: Zoo educators, Dr. Zoolittle, and Zoo animals will come to your classroom for a fun-filled visit of games and activities. Discover simple ways to make your classroom greener as you help wildlife and habitats. Life Science
- Go With the Flow: An introduction to the local watershed is followed by a rotation through three interactive Discovery Stations where students use their problem-solving skills to solve watershed challenges. Life Sciences, Earth Sciences
- Bioinspiration—Nature’s Best Ideas: Get an introduction to the concept of bioinspiration—the science of taking inspiration from nature. Features hands-on activities that allow individual students a chance to foster creativity and think in new and innovative ways. Optional: A follow-up session is available for in-depth studies. Life Sciences, Biology, Ecology, Evolution
CAREER FAIR—in Your Middle School Multi-Purpose Room!
Our middle school career fair features live animal presentations, a Zoo Educator, and the Zoo’s zany, good-natured wildlife researcher, Dr. Zoolittle.
- Length: 50–55 minutes
- Maximum audience: 72 per fair.
- Fee: $200 per program. A mileage fee may apply.
- NEW! Dr. Zoolittle’s Career Fair: From animal training to accounting, students will discover a variety of careers in the zoo world. Assisted by a Zoo Educator and Zoo animals, Dr. Zoolittle presents career information with lots of audience participation during the introduction, followed by a career fair where students visit stations full of fascinating career help. The program culminates with a fun career-matching activity for each student. Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Ecology