Guest Service Jobs
Join our fun and exciting work environment. We provide world-class service in our gift shops, food facilities, and on our Zoo and Safari Park grounds. Our entry level positions require limited or no experience.
Work with Animals and Plants
Keepers and horticulturists provide care for our world-renowned exotic animal and plant collections. Join our team of knowledgeable and skilled professionals.
Researchers generate, share, and apply scientific knowledge vital to the conservation of animals, plants, and habitats. Biodiversity conservation is the theme that unites the work of our Institute for Conservation Research. Join us as we make a difference for wildlife.
Jobs In Operations
It takes a team of talented and skilled people to operate our world-famous facilities at the Zoo and Safari Park while providing a top-notch experience for our guests. These jobs include Construction & Maintenance, Education, Tours and park management.
Supporting the entirety of San Diego Zoo Global, our corporate departments include Marketing and Public Relations, Human Resources, Finance, and more.
San Diego Zoo map
Located in Balboa Park near downtown San Diego, California.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park map
Located 30 minutes north of the Zoo in San Pasqual Valley near Escondido, California.
San Diego Zoo Institute for Conservation Research map
Located just east of the Safari Park.
San Diego Zoo Merchandising Warehouse map
Located in Rancho Bernardo near the Carmel Mountain area..
San Diego Zoo Global Mission Valley Offices map
Located in San Diego's Mission Valley near Friars Rd. and the 163 Freeway.
Off-site facilities such as Hawaii, Nevada, San Clemente Island, and other locations worldwide.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Applications and resumes are only accepted for open positions.
• Only on-line applications are accepted.
• Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
• Must have a positive attitude.
• Adhere to our grooming standards (no visible tattoos, no facial piercings, etc.).
• Adhere to our world-class policies, procedures and customer service standards.
• Pass a drug screening.
• Some positions require a pre-placement physical or background check.
• The Zoological Society of San Diego is a smoke-free workplace.
• We participate in E-Verify.
• The Zoological Society of San Diego is an equal employment opportunity employer.